Chuck E Cheeses - Chuck E. Cheese Horrendous Experience

Apr 06, 2008
review #117376

When it came time for my grandson's 6th birthday, I finally decided to throw him a big birthday party instead of the typical family party we usually have at my home. I am a single mother of 4 raising my grandson too so this was a very expensive party for me. We ordered custom made invitations and invited all his kindergarten classmates and his friends and family to this party and even ordered personalized M&Ms for party favors. We were all looking forward to this wonderful event. We brought along a huge cake for all to enjoy and paid the extra amount for the deluxe party with the Chuck E. Cheese's hostess to help me out.

First of all when we entered Chuck E. Cheese, we were greeted by our host. He took my pizza order for the children and placed the tokens in cups on the table for me to pass out. Over 30 minutes later after the children were nearly finished with their playtime, a new hostess came (I suppose there was a shift change.) and asked me what I wanted on my pizzas. I was flabbergasted. I gave the order and after another 25-30 minutes, the pizzas finally came out. Usually the hostess or someone is supposed to get on the loudspeaker and summon the children to come back to the table for pizza but that did not occur. My youngest and I had to go and corral the children (most of which I had never even seen before.). I had to serve the pizza myself.

Now it was time for the little birthday parade and to meet Chuck E. Cheese. By this time it was close to 8:15 PM. The party had begun at 6:00 PM and was supposed to be over at 7:30. These children had not even had cake yet. The parents were all getting annoyed because most of them had even younger children along with them. We are talking about children aged 5-6 and younger. At around 8:30 PM, I had to get the children back to the table again for the cake which again, I had to serve myself. The hostess was nowhere to be found. Speaking of the hostess, she had no personality to be working with children. She was sour and never smiled once.

I went to the manager 3 times during this party to get assistance but never received any. Finally, I had to go to the manager to get the treat bags which we paid for because all the parents and children needed to leave. I handed out the treat bags myself with my daughter's assistance and the party attendees left without my grandson even getting to open his gifts. He had to do that at home since it was now nearly 9:00 PM.

The best they could do to help me was not charge for some of the people who did not show up. I have spoken to corporate management on the phone and they said they would review the video tapes from the store. It's been several weeks and still no response to my calls or emails.

I have been to many birthday parties and I have never seen such poor customer service as I saw for this place. I paid a lot of money for this but now I know and the next party will be at the park or my home.

8a34d95
0.9
Had an experience with Chuck E Cheeses?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
mari cone

Aug 07, 2013 Kingsport, Tennessee

"Single mother of 4 and a grandson" i think this paints a pretty accurate picture. im always leary of people who introduce themselves as "special" or "victims" making excuses for improper behavior, conduct, and personal responsibility before starting. this way we can all expect an epic fail.

So, how much did this little excursion cost the taxpayer? spare me the BS about how you " be rollin in money".

4 minors AND a grandchild? Good think in the good ol' USAthe taxpayer will pay for your seriously defective discernment skills. How many tattoos?

0 2 Reply

Feb 14, 2012

I agree with "current employee" on that, but I'd think that it was the management that was bad. When I went once, it was horrible - yet it was only because there were 2 people, and the manager is supposed to manage that. So obviously, that would've been the manager's fault. However, the hostess should not just ditch the party because it's employees job to run the party.

0 0 Reply
Anita Hurt

Dec 03, 2011

We had the eorst service anyone party could have. Waited 20minutes after being told to be there at a certain time. Got pizza late and had to eat cake 5 minute later before all guests were served. We had to serve ourself. Complained to manager about the rudeness and she herself was worst then anyone was told she prefer that we didnt come back if we dont like the service. Had to move to the play area because our time was up. not really tables not ready pizza late serving ourself so you tell me who time was up. We paid almost 300.00 dollars for the poorest and rudest service we had ever received from any restaurant. This pizza place is suppose to be a experience for your child to remember, Ihope that is not so because if this the kind of experience they mean it not one for a5 year old to have.Most of the guest left early due to waiting.

wow

Aug 24, 2011

I work at a Cec as well but I will not be appoligizing. I has fortunate enought to work at a nice store and we are now a training store and train employees and managers for other stores. People these days are lazy but there is no excuse for the poor service of I was paying over 200 for a party and it said on the birthday information paper that I was to receive a didicated hostess then that's what I would want along with enough space for my guests. And if I had service that poorly at a chuck e cheeses I wouldn't stop complaining until I got some sort of money back especially with todays econemy.unfortunatley I have only ever been to one other pleasant chuck e cheeses out of the four I have visited and service and cleanliness was pitiful. Its up to the store managers to hire and get there new employees trained and trained properly. There should be no real. To have bad service. If your employees can't get the job done reach I to your little filing cabinet and pull out one of the hundreds of other applications and try again.

1 1 Reply
Kaneki

May 21, 2011

When attending a place for kids, it's not about what the parents liked or disliked it's about how much fun your child had fun because it's his/her day. Not all places are managed the same. Many employees haven't been doing there job at any job. For example, clothing stores, fast food joints, theaters, etc. Employees are just getting lazy and as long as they get paid it's okay with them. I personally think that managers should be more strict.

bob

Dec 08, 2010

chucke cheeseses is a casino for kids dont go ther waste of money

Tasha

Oct 10, 2010 Holmestrand, Vestfold

Cdogg, what did you expect the party to be for free? You have to pay the bill. Also only an *** would send a child who just had lekeuenia to chuck-e-cheese or any place with lots of young children. Children are not clean, they get germs easily. your own fault your son died.

Irish

Oct 10, 2010 Holmestrand, Vestfold

Seriously before people have children they should be able to pass an IQ test. You could have easily have asked them to make a page instead of gathering the children yourself. You poor lazy thing, you had to hand out the tokens and serve the pizza yourself. Hope you did not stretch a muscle or damage your makeup when do this or break a nail. It is not their fault not everyone showed up. They still made enough food for those people. Seriously if you cannot afford a party like this than don't have one. I have a feeling you were looking for faults to get a discount. Are you sure it was not you who was turning six?

3 0 Reply
ceecee

Oct 10, 2010

I had my daughter's 2nd birthday party. It was the worst experience in the world. I can't get over the humiliation. My guests complained. First of all. I reserved this party four months before the event. When we got there it was overbooked. The had a table set up for the children. Then expected the adults to sit at another table that was far away. It was so crowded. Honestly did they expect for me to leave a group of two year old at a table by themselves. When I talked to the management. All they could say was that they ware overbooked and they are trying to work on it. Needless to say my guests stood at the children's table all night. The other tables that were reserved that were further away was swormed by other people.They even started to eat some of the pizza and some of our cake. Worst experience ever. I should have just had a birthday party at home.

M and T mommy

Jun 07, 2010

I attended a birthday party at CEC in Cumberland Mall GA this weekend (6/4/10). I would have rather visited the oil infested waters of Louisiana! This place is a rundown, filthy, wasteland. My children refused to get in the playground because it was so nasty. The employees could have cared less about getting their jobs done. The games were mostly out of order, if the did work, they took your coins, and by the time you found someone to return your coins to move to another game it was 20 minutes of your life wasted in this dump. I will never, ever return to CEC Cumberland. If you go there, take a bottle of hand sanatizer, the bathrooms are also filthy, out of soap, decorated with used paper towels and just gross!

Stupidity or Racial Discrimina

Jun 05, 2010

My Son had his b-day party celebrated at Chuckecheeses at Barrett Parkway Kennesaw GA
today (June 5, 2010) The hostess did a wonderful job serving us and did everything she needed to do to entertain the kids. Too make the story short we had a good time especially the kids. When we got ready to head out, we approach the exit for the check out girl (her name is Amanda) checked my sons number on his hand, then she checked my number
to make sure our numbers corresponded, then she asked me is this your son? I said YES! Then she checked my number again and asked me the same question if this boy is my son, then I replied and said Yes! thats was not good enough she had to asked my son if I am his mother. At this point I am furious. My son said yes thats my mom. I am an asian married to an American my son happened to be lighter skin and I am Tan. I felt discriminated on how this Girl Amanda approached me. By the way she was so focused on interrogating me that she didn't even check out my husband number. I think what she did is not about safety but racial profiling against me to suggest that even though the numbers matched
that he could not be my son and she could have clarified it by checking my husbands number as well. Then she even got an attitude when i told her that it was ridiculous that she did not believe me and would not let us go until my son had to tell her twice that i am his mother. Not even an apology

hailey244

May 17, 2010

hey guys..a dn miss.. im sorry if u guys had a bad experience at chuck e. cheese.. as a current worker i know that i stay out there the whole time when im hostess and serve and cut EVERYTHING, if ur hostess wasn't doing her job u could have report her to the company.... come to the redding cec and i promise a great bday. ur pizzas would be out the minute u want them to be. i want to be qa elemetry school teacher so i completely understand how u felt about the time.... on behalf of that chuck e. cheese i will apologize

1 1 Reply
Billy

Mar 01, 2010

For the current worker, that attitude will keep you serving pizza forever. By the way retard, adults work during the week and kids go to school, why do you think the weekends are so busy. Not to mention, the service is horrible even on weekdays when no crowds are present. You don't like it, get a job a McDonalds. For alot of your coworkers, minimum wage is too much.

gurneydemon

Jan 19, 2010

yeah chuck e cheeses is not a place i enjoy going to but the kids do love it. i recommend going during the week. oh and as far as the prices...they have online coupons that will save u a bundle...goodluck to anyone that goes to this place...i know its not my lasttime.. :eek

Dude

Jan 19, 2010

this is why I don't pay people to throw parties for my children...if I had any.

It sucks when you have a bad experience. Life isn't fair.

current employee

Jan 16, 2010 Arendal, Aust-Agder

I currently work at Chuck E Cheese. You people simply do not give us credit for all of the work we do. Most of us are teenagers working maximum work for minimum wage! I am a cashier, and we get the most grief from people like you who expect too much. Yeah, sometimes games run out of tickets. Why is that a reason to scream at us in our face? Its not. Not everyone who works there knows how to fix the games. We can tell the game room attendant and have them help you. As for the birthday parties, a Saturday is a horrible day to have them. Have you ever thought about maybe having one on a week day? Its common sense that it would be busy on a weekend. Our hosts and hostesses have multiple jobs to complete at one time. They're not there to be your personal slaves. There have been times where I have been carrying two pizzas from the kitchen to tables and have been stopped by rude guests saying 'oh this game is broken'. Can't you see I'm a little busy?! Or when people come up to us at the counter multiple times, telling us that they lost 2 tickets on such and such a machine. and as far as the food is concerned, we do have alternatives to the pizza. We offer sandwiches, fries, salad bar, and others. If you simply don't like our food, then don't eat there. That's less work for us. You all are bitter people. You know what you're getting yourself into there, so don't complain when not everything goes perfectly. We all do the best we can so that 'every guest leaves happy'. If you don't... Show more

Mary

Dec 30, 2009

Hi, Canadian, this response is for you. It has been a long time since I first posted this and I am shocked at how certain people can be so negative and nasty. It's crazy! I do remember that I emailed and called the ChuckECheese headquarters and the phone calls I received were condescending and pretty much trying to call me untruthful. They said they would check the security cameras and get back with me but I heard nothing. I sent several more emails and placed calls each with people saying they would get back with me but they never did and as they probably anticipated, I gave up. It got to the point that I wasted a lot of energy and my negativity was at an all time level. I do spread the word whenever I hear someone mention planning a party there. If anyone ever wants to have a party there, don't ever pay the extra for the hostess to help you because it certainly did not happen for me. All the parents and adult guests were helping me serve pizza and cut and serve the cake!

Canadian

Dec 30, 2009

I came across this board while doing some research on Quick Service for my company. I don't normally post on 'comment boards', but the comments here left me quite shocked. The original poster left a complaint; seemingly a valid one at that, on a PISSED CONSUMER website. Why do some of you feel the need to post negatively in response to it?

I have a young child myself, and while my experiences at Chuck-E-Cheese have never been as negative as the original posters, if I were to experience anything like she had, I too would post about it on a consumer website such as this to warn others who may want do more research before planning their child's birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. That, to me, is the whole point of these consumer websites. Posting hate comments afterwards seems pretty childish, vile, and completely unneccesary.

Mary, I realize this was posted about a long time ago, but I would be interested to hear how far your complaint was escalated and if an apology was ever recieved.

Mary

Dec 28, 2009

In response to the last post, I am the original person who started this thread. I was not trying to get anything for nothing. I paid for everyone who attended the party and paid extra for the deluxe version which included an attendant to help me with the serving, etc. I forgot to mention that this was a Saturday evening and the place was packed. Apparently they were short some employees, I do not know but I do know that they were rude and inconsiderate when I asked for help. If I wanted to get something for nothing, then I would not have booked a party and gave them a large deposit. I guess, you are implying that I intentionally made up a story to get my money back. That is so not true and if it had came right down to it, all the other patrons would have backed me up and by the way, at our local ChuckECheese in Frederick, MD, they do call the children back to the table over the intercom. ChuckECheese is a place that children love and that is why I booked the party there but that specific instance was a huge disappointment. Everyone in the world is not out to rip businesses off and get things for free and sue people. All I wanted was what I paid for and an apology. I received neither so that is why I posted on this board. No other reason did I have. I have raised 4 children and assist in raising my grandchildren and since I am 56 years old, I have had quite a few birthday parties for my children beginning nearly 32 years ago and never have I had an experience like this. Say... Show more

Rob

Dec 28, 2009

Wow, I have never seen so many whiney people in one place, and I'm talking about this comment board! OP, they do no announce to have your kids at the table to eat, that is your responsibility. John, I'm sorry about your son, but just like any other place children are present, there are germs, your son had lekumenia which would give him a deficient immune system to begin with. Cdogg, I have seen this happen and agree with you, sometimes those hostesses have very bad timing. Maria, you never said whether or not you had to pay the bill, sounds like you just wanted to get something for nothing. I worked at a CEC about 10 years ago and pretty much ran the locations in my state, I do not work there anymore, but can say that the main reason for problems and issues at Chuck E Cheese are the ignorant, pathetic, and want something for nothing people that go there.

1-20 of 29 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Chuck E Cheeses.
Filing a new complaint about
×