When it came time for my grandson's 6th birthday, I finally decided to throw him a big birthday party instead of the typical family party we usually have at my home. I am a single mother of 4 raising my grandson too so this was a very expensive party for me. We ordered custom made invitations and invited all his kindergarten classmates and his friends and family to this party and even ordered personalized M&Ms for party favors. We were all looking forward to this wonderful event. We brought along a huge cake for all to enjoy and paid the extra amount for the deluxe party with the Chuck E. Cheese's hostess to help me out.
First of all when we entered Chuck E. Cheese, we were greeted by our host. He took my pizza order for the children and placed the tokens in cups on the table for me to pass out. Over 30 minutes later after the children were nearly finished with their playtime, a new hostess came (I suppose there was a shift change.) and asked me what I wanted on my pizzas. I was flabbergasted. I gave the order and after another 25-30 minutes, the pizzas finally came out. Usually the hostess or someone is supposed to get on the loudspeaker and summon the children to come back to the table for pizza but that did not occur. My youngest and I had to go and corral the children (most of which I had never even seen before.). I had to serve the pizza myself.
Now it was time for the little birthday parade and to meet Chuck E. Cheese. By this time it was close to 8:15 PM. The party had begun at 6:00 PM and was supposed to be over at 7:30. These children had not even had cake yet. The parents were all getting annoyed because most of them had even younger children along with them. We are talking about children aged 5-6 and younger. At around 8:30 PM, I had to get the children back to the table again for the cake which again, I had to serve myself. The hostess was nowhere to be found. Speaking of the hostess, she had no personality to be working with children. She was sour and never smiled once.
I went to the manager 3 times during this party to get assistance but never received any. Finally, I had to go to the manager to get the treat bags which we paid for because all the parents and children needed to leave. I handed out the treat bags myself with my daughter's assistance and the party attendees left without my grandson even getting to open his gifts. He had to do that at home since it was now nearly 9:00 PM.
The best they could do to help me was not charge for some of the people who did not show up. I have spoken to corporate management on the phone and they said they would review the video tapes from the store. It's been several weeks and still no response to my calls or emails.
I have been to many birthday parties and I have never seen such poor customer service as I saw for this place. I paid a lot of money for this but now I know and the next party will be at the park or my home.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pizza Party
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I was eating the first bowl of ice cream from the container and one of the first bites, I bit into a hair covered piece of who knows what....it was..."
- "I purchased a package of Twinkies at a Walgreens store in Perry, GA. I ate one, and although I thought it tasted odd, I continued to eat it. I took..."
- "I am very upset. I buy 3 loaves of this bread each week. This week all 3 loaves were like this! I am dieting so missing a portion..."
- "My husband purchased a logo from the Calvin Klein outlet store in Hagerstown, Maryland; on July 8, 2015 as an anniversary gift. The straps started to wear out the next..."
- "Olay sensitive skin bodywash, I didnt think it'd have a smell to it but IT HAS THE WORST KIND OF SMELL ABOUT BAD AS A SKUNK (NOT LIKE IT..."
- "This isn't about the hospital part but for equipped for life... Went to equipped for life in Hagerstown, Maryland on May 3rd, 2015. We got sooo disrespected not once but..."
- "We bought it for my parents as a gift for their new home and after 5 months, the head cushion started peeling. This is supposed to be a "genuine leather"..."
- "My son and i both bought couch and recliner i know they are approximate five years old but they are designated in front of our eyes. I know they..."
- "First of all let me say that I have saved for a very long time to buy quality furniture. My family has been an Ethan Allen buying family. We have..."